Pages

My Blog List

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lessons in Oly and being Coachable


Aggressive under the bar. Drop your ass. Get lower. Active lats. Faster. Bar Path. Move.
Get nasty. Focus. Big pull. Faster. Patient. Pull. Explode.

These are just a few of my favorite Oly cues.

There are many days I train Oly and I leave w/ a sense of more mental strength.
I would highly recommend to women especially, learn to lift. The payoff is tangible. You will actually start to feel the results both mentally and physically. Its is also fun! When you throw heavy weight up and land it w/ sound technique and power you feel like you can move mtns.

My goals are as follows:
  1. I will snatch 140 lbs. I watched Lisa Thiel do this in a training session. She snatched 140 lbs 7 x w/ muscle ups in between. She made it look silky smooth.
  2. I will do 160lb Bear Complex x 3 Unbroken. I saw Lindsey Smith do a 160 lb Bear Complex x 3. She made it look fun.
  3. I will Clean and Jerk 200 lbs because Whitney Welsch clean and jerked 220 lbs. My last max was 145 lbs.
If any one is interested in getting jacked up about maximizing power output in Oly Lifting, or getting #SillySTrong, below are the most effective resources you'll find.


If you are Crossfitter that is drinking more and more of the juice and getting fired up about taking your game to the next level. See below.


These Coaches inspire me endlessly to be stronger than I ever thought possible.

Also, I can't wait to see Rob Orlando at Crossfit Central this weekend and do the damn thing in the
Strongman Cert!


No comments:

Post a Comment