Pages

My Blog List

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dad

My dad came to Austin for his annual United Country Real Estate convention w/ his colleagues and closest friends about 2 mnths ago.... and of course to visit me.
We made a pact.
Dad decided that he was going to take on a weight loss challenge. I laid some ground rules that I have learned through my journey.
He is already leading a healthier, happier, and more adventurous life. I am proud to say that he has lost 23 pds and has about 20 more to go. I talked to him while he was watching the NCAA basketball tournament a couple weeks ago and an Applebee's commercial came on. There was a time that commercials between the ball game meant a trip to the fridge but Billy Bert Baker doesn't do that anymore. He said,"I'm not even tempted to go to the fridge or the snack cabinet right now." All the small things make up the BIG picture. When you fall "out of the wheel barrel" ... just get right back in it!
Keep up the great work. You deserve all the happiness in the world.
....After picture coming soon.... In August 2011, right Dad?;) Keep it up!!




1 comment:

  1. Nice...I started my mom on a basic CrossFit workout twice a week in my garage and she is starting to see the weight come off.

    ReplyDelete