Pages

My Blog List

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Gift

My Aunt Dinah sent me a belated bday present Yesterday w/ a card that read,"Neice, you've got what it takes! We love you and always will!"
The gift was a golden frame w/the Serenity Prayer.

"God grant me the serenity
To Accept the things I cannot change;
The Courage to change the things I can;
And the Wisdom to know the difference."



Acceptance-the act of believing;belief



Courage-the quality of heart, spirit, mind to face adversity/difficulty/pain w/ confrontation to fear, uncertainty, and intimidation(Also known as fortitude, intrepidity, will, balls, bravery...)



Wisdom-a deep understanding of people,events, things, empowering the ability of choice/action; to effectively and efficiently apply perceptions and knowledge to produce desired results;comprehension of truth coupled w/ optimum judgement; Balance; Insight.

Thank you Aunt Dinah!

3 comments:

  1. You do have IT...that quality most people strive to obtain yet for you it comes naturally.

    Embrace, trust and do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u Barb! That means so much to me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nonnie and Grandad are so proud of you Emily as am I. We are so blessed to have been in the front seat watching your journey. You are an amazingly strong, smart and loving woman who is not afraid to challenge yourself, grow and change. As I've told you before your strong body is built for this kind of work - you go girl and you keep it goin girl!! Love you, Aunt Jules

    ReplyDelete